My Coastal Creativity Collections feature timeless pieces of beauty that will evoke memories of happy, carefree days when we walked at the water's edge, picked up shells from the beach and wrote our names in the sand.
All jewellery is hand-formed in hallmarked Sterling sliver and, from time to time, incorporates highlight features in other metals: gold, copper and bronze.
Each Collection reminds us of the discoveries we made at the seaside.
- The Rockpool Collection of pendants, earrings and cufflinks feature my cast limpet and highly popular mussel shell designs.
- A Quayside series of wire-work earring and neckwear designs features my interpretation oflobster pots and beach-huts.
- Shoreline features a beachcomber’s collection of delicate shell and driftwood designs in earrings, neckwear and bangles.
- Intricate sea-life, in the shape of Jellyfish and seahorses, seem to wriggle as earring and pendant designs in the Aquarium Collection.
- The Keepsake Jewellery Collection combines forged designs with objet trouvé in the form of sea glass and pottery to create highly personal mementos.
- A highly popular design is the Coastal Portrait: a series of pendants and earrings, precise, hand-painted in resins over Sterling silver, each creating a colourful interpretation of favourite and treasured coastal settings.
- The Coastal Icons collection celebrates those special places in our memories and features a series of carefully crafted and instantly recognisable landmarks from around our shores.
Having studied for a Biology degree, part time and working at Bath University, I embarked on a silver-smithing course in adult education, whilst developing a career in IT and raising a young family of four. My life’s journey as a maker had begun.
Time spent living in Europe allowed me to explore other traditional crafts: knitting, crochet and weaving. During this time I qualified as an adult tutor and started to teach all aspects of jewellery making; my experiments in wire-work featuring, later, as a specialised class at Arts University Bournemouth which I developed and taught part-time.
Today, from my studio in Bath, I work as an artisan jeweller, inspired by the Somerset and Dorset countryside. I'm still just as inquisitive, across all avenues of art and craft and I’m always looking to expand my skills and knowledge through local design courses.
My work springs from a deep love of the coast, its textures, forms and colours, and will be found in galleries and shops across the South West of England. I enjoy exhibiting at artisan fairs, garden festivals and nationwide events where I can spend time listening to customers and learn what life on the coast means to them. I am always delighted to undertake private commissions, to create unique, modern, heirloom pieces, that bring together all the wearer’s fond memories.
Stay up to date with Coastal Creativity events, new designs and the artist's daily thoughts and observations. Use the email link to reach me for media enquiries and press questions.
The following images are optimised for web use and each opens in a browser window. Print-quality images are available on request.
Copyright © Cath Coffin trading as Coastal Creativity. All rights reserved.
The Coastal Creativity logo is based on the Special Elite typewriter font. The following files are provided in a scalable format with transparent background. The Standard Logo comprises the following colour styles: “COASTAL” = hex: #17655e, rgb(23,101,94), CMYK(77,0,7,60); “CREATIVITY” = hex: #dbc88b, rgb(219,200,139), CMYK(0,9,37,14).